Saturday, September 22, 2012

Psychic or Schizo?



John Edward's new book is out and I'll be seeing him this week at a book tour event in Connecticut.  From the promotional material:

In the near future, signs and portents have begun to appear that point to a rushing cataclysm.  Both political and religious world leaders see the patterns, and the scientific community confirm evidence of what they call “a dark matter” that is expanding into our universe, threatening the very fabric of our world.  

But it will not be governments or religions upon whose actions the fate of the world rests.  Rather it will be up to a small diverse group of men and women who will have to decide to use their free will to aid in the last great cosmic battle between good and evil as these apocalyptic forces clash—both here on Earth and on the Other Side.



John's books, when he is writing non-fiction about his life and work, I think are very good.  He's an engaging writer with a voice that conveys his personality and passion.   I've only read one fictional work of his, I don't know if he had more than one and it was ... not so good, is the best way I can put it.  It was unreadable to me. But it was his first book and I think he was quite young and inexperienced when he wrote it.  I have high hopes for this one.

Unfortunately, I also have to ask a question about the premise.  That question is:  "Are you hearing anything from the Other Side indicating that a cataclysmic event of some sort is actually approaching our non-fiction world?"  

Akita:
 "As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead.
 Pope John Paul II:
 He answered: "We must prepare ourselves to suffer great trials before long, such as will demand of us a disposition to give up even life, and a total dedication to Christ and for Christ … With your and my prayer it is possible to mitigate this tribulation, but it is no longer possible to avert it, because only thus can the Church be effectively renewed. How many times has the renewal of the Church sprung from blood! This time, too, it will not be otherwise. We must be strong and prepared, and trust in Christ and His Mother, and be very, very assiduous in praying the Rosary."
I just wanted online poker to come back and to move into the apartment above my daughter's garage and join the local Parish and maybe do some volunteer work.  I wanted to stop thinking about this and I wanted to believe I am just losing it in my older age. I really did.  Then John came out with this book.  If I get the chance, I'm going to ask my question.

No comments:

Post a Comment