It took 14 years for me to find someone with a similar experience to talk to. four.....teen......years I started this blog because of that, because no one should wonder for over a decade if they are the only one.
This can leave you feeling pretty isolated, when there is no one to talk to who gets that nothing like this can be from anything but Divine Love. That we just can't choose between a gift from God and an opinion from a person, because there is no choice: God wins.
I thought I'd just talk about the things that happened to me on the experiences pages above and write some stuff about what I feel and think from all of it or about it. But, maybe you or someone you know has had these experiences, too. Or something like them. I thought a poll would be an easy non-threatening way for someone to be able to say that.
I was so surprised and excited to find another person describing just what I had felt, I was sure there'd be people who would want to connect. I don't know, maybe not. Here's a list of the things, generally, that came from my contemplative prayer life:
- Lost time
- feelings like your face is clay being modeled or whipped
- scent of flowers like roses
- increase in spiritual wisdom (major effect)
- experiences of Divine Love and Joy
- Light phenomena
- physical healing
- mental healing
- visions and/or hearing something no one else can
- esp experiences
- miracle other than healing
- increase in creativity and inspiration
- feelings of direct connection to God
- healing ability
- connection with people who have passed