Wednesday, March 14, 2012



Umi, inset, 3 mos. and 3.5 lbs.
Umi bigger, 3 mos later.

This is UMI:

The inset pic is also Umi at 3 months old.  She weighed 3.5 lbs. That's approximately the weight of a six-month old fetus.

Umi is a not-dead growing baby because someone gave money to Save the Children. I know I always have the Mercy Corps ad, I sort of divide my donations between them, depends on who is having the matching donation campaign.

It's not a good pic, I scanned it from a newsletter.  I wish I knew how to scan better.  But I keep thinking about the Right to Life campaigns and how they are all about abortion.  Abortion is not a good thing.  But living people, children and adults, living and dying in the extreme agony of starvation: also not good.

Living people, babies like Umi, they have a right to life, also.  I keep wondering what would happen if we took a few months of abortion donations that are mostly used to keep Right to Life organizations alive and pay for political action and just sent it to people who do what Jesus said:  "Feed the hungry."

We can.  That's what's so amazing.  We can sit here behind our computers and send a few dollars and Umi, who is 8000 miles away, lives.

It's a way better miracle than office supplies that appear out of thin air.


No comments:

Post a Comment