Sunday, January 15, 2012

Avoiding God



Ever just try avoiding God? It's stupid; it isn't like He's not right here.


Look, my image is gone.  Maybe He took His Crucifix back.

No, that's stupid, too.

See what we do?  We get guilty and we start looking for anger in a God we never seem to understand is the font of boundless Divine Love.   I'm just tired.  And I still have to say three Our Fathers because I said a swear word today.

I'm trying to stop swearing.  That's like a shar pei trying to stop being wrinkled.

Think I'll replace my image before I retire.

I love You, my Lord and my God.  I miss You.

Most high, glorious God, enlighten the darkness of my heart and give me Lord, a correct faith, a certain hope, a perfect charity, sense and knowledge, so that I may carry out Your holy and true command AMEN (Saint Francis' prayer at the Crucifix of San Damiano)

No comments:

Post a Comment